Saturday, April 23, 2011

MUIRSTOCK 2011

IT WAS SO GOOD THAT I'M WRITING A POST ALL ABOUT IT. other stuff will go in another post, teehee. but OHMYGOSH. OHMYGOSH. OHMYGOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

so, at around 3, activities started, so Joyce and I went to get our Muirstock tshirts, then had to go back to our dorm cos it was trade a tshirt for a Muirstock tshirt. Then, we had to go back again because Joyce forgot her ID. Then we went back again because we bumped into Ami and Huong, who couldn't decide what shirts they wanted to trade and I forgot my memory card. so finallyyyyyyaskjfasfk we got in line and then got beautiful Muirstock tshirts and tye-dyed them!! Mine is drying on the balcony right now so I'll post pics of it later kkkkkk~~

so, we also got free canvas totebags to draw on and stuff and I drew a Drifloon on the back of mine, but it got messed up a lot cos i put too much paint on it, rofl. there was also loads of other free stuff, so i got a pen, some buttons, and a really gangsta looking hat. 

THEN THE MUSIC BEGAN. This year's lineup: Sunday Clothes and Shar Khan, The Mighty Oaks, Imagine Dragons, Lucy Schwartz, and Hellogoodbye. That's right, you heard me - HELLOGOODBYE. In all honesty, I didn't like Sunday Clothes and Shar Khan very much.. But I got a Sunday Clothes CD, 'cos it was free LOL and the paper came in handy (WILL EXPLAIN LATER). then the Mighty Oaks came on and they were this kinda indie hippie band and they were really cute! Their music was really folksy and singer/songwriter genre~~ they also had a rly cute violinist teehee~ i took a lot of pics of him haha!! me and Kirsten sat up real close to the front so we could take pics with our supah pro cameras. Then it was Imagine Dragons and they were SOOOOO GOOOOOD. everybody go look them up on YouTube right nowwwww!!!!! I really like their song America~~ so nice.. and really good live!! ok. so then, it was Lucy Schwartz and she was super cute and had this really nice, unique voice. I also really liked her and her music! Her dad is in her band as the bassist, how cool is that? XD 

and then, the moment we've all been waiting for - HELLOGOODBYEEEEEEEEE!! Before then, everyone was sitting down but then we all stood up and crowded right in front of the stage lol~~~ THEY WERE SO CUTE OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE. So, I don't remember all the songs they played, especially cos they played a lot of new ones I didn't know, but they played Oh, It Is Love, Dear Jamie, Sleep Alone, Would It Kill You, Saw It On Your Keyboard, and HERE IN YOUR ARMS!! And Forrest was sooo cute!! someone was blowing bubbles and he kept on trying to catch them all LOL~~ and then, at one point, someone was like MARRY MEEEEEEEEE and he waved his left hand and said "MARRIED" with this really cute grin on his face aslkjfhaksfhas TOO CUTE. and I was SO CLOSE. for the majority of their set, I was within likee, 3-5 rows of ppl away from the stage! except, about 3/4 through, these girls came and shoved me and Joyce out of the way. =/ one of them elbowed me in the face and then left. uhhh, wtf? but whatever. HELLOGOODBYE MAN. LIVE. IN FRONT OF ME. AUGH.

after the concert, Ami, Joyce and I were gonna go but then we saw this bigass crowd and I was like OMGGG IT'S HIMMMMMMMMAFDKJSFKASHF. So we stood in line (or well, it wasn't rly a line.. more like super mob of ppl) to take a picture with Forrest but the line was too big so then we spied Travis by the corner and like, mobbed him. Joyce and I took a picture with him but the flash wasn't on so it was rly dark and I felt bad asking for another.. sobbu. thennnn, we decided to try our luck with Forrest again and ENDED UP GETTING HIS PICTURE!!! then, we bumped into another group of friends and ended up getting a group picture with Travis!!!!! then, I remembered that I had the paper from the Sunday Clothes cd as well as a pencil so I got Travis' autograph.. there was a rly big mob surrounding Forrest, so I asked my friend who was in line for his picture to get his autograph for me.. AND HE GOT IT YESYESYEESAKSJHALKJSFHASKFHS. AND YOU KNOW WHAT'S RLY CUTE?! THEY BOTH PUT LITTLE HEARTS IN FRONT OF THEIR NAMES. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

here, have some pix from the concert!

Imagine Dragons

Lucy Schwartz (and her dad!)

FORREST TUNING HIS GUITAAAAR!!





yah, I took a lot of black and white pictures lolol. for some reason, they turned out way better than the colour ones.. so...
anyways, it was so goooood!! aksdfjhajlskhfasfh I had so much fun~~~~~~~ I wish I'd brought money so i could've gotten a Hellogoodbye shirt or CD or poster or something, but i'm still happy w/ my pictures and autographs!!! EEEEEEEEE. afterward, Joyce and I just looked at each other and screamed LOLOLOL. SUCH A GOOD NIGHT. :) :) :)

note: All pictures were taken by me and may not be reproduced/used in any way, shape or form.